The Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (Driver CPC) is a qualification for professional drivers of passenger carrying vehicles with more than 8 seats and goods vehicles of more than 3.5 tonnes. It was introduced across Europe with the principal aims of improving road safety and helping to maintain high standards of driving.
It is a legal requirement that all professional LGV drivers have to undertake 35 hours of accredited training in a 5 year period.
To help drivers meet their obligations, Reynolds offer training courses in a range of 7 hour modules (equivalent to a day’s training in the classroom). We recommend that drivers take at least one module per year as this will see them not only complete the 35 hours training required within the 5 years but will ensure they stay up to date with all the latest developments and legislation. We supply every client with all the essential information they need to be made aware of including important legal updates such as drivers’ hours rules and the working time directive.
These modules include:
- Driver Hours & tachographs
- Safe and fuel-efficient driving
- Accident, breakdown and emergency
- Driver wellbeing
- Vehicle loading
- Customer service
- Vehicle familiarization / uncoupling
- Aviation Security
Benefits of Driver CPC:
- Cost effective specially tailored for your business
- Planned and managed schedule for all employees to ensure compliance
- Potential to reduce accidents and increase efficiency
- Increase knowledge of current legislation
- Improve staff morale and job satisfaction
- Potential cost saving on fuel efficiency and insurance premiums
- Improve driver skills
- Refresh all aspects of Health & Safety
- Develop skills and knowledge to equip them for a wide range of job opportunities in the future
- Develop specialist skills to suit certain sectors